Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Force for Him

I feel like these beautiful kids have a lot more to teach me than I have to teach them. They remind me what it is to laugh - what it means to take pleasure in the smallest of gifts, gestures, and actions. They warm my heart and bring me such joy. I wish I could claim each and every one of them as my own - raise them as my own. That's what Christ has done for them and myself ofcourse - asserted us as His own. I think the Lord has sent me here to remind them of this very thing, and to train them up in His love, His scripture, His Truth. Recently, I started a youth group for the children who are 13 or older. We have seven teenagers at this age who are trying to understand what it means to be a man or woman of the one true God. We talk about what it means to be a force for Him. I feel such a sense of urgency where these young people are concerned. Soon they will venture into the world alone - a world full of idols, oppression, and doubt. I want His truth and love to fill them completely so they can go forth in His love and power. Would you be willing to say a special prayer for these youth this week? Poonam, Vijay, Arpit, Sachin, Goodu, Vicky, and Sushila. They aren't my children, but they are His. Let's pray they remain in His hands, in His Way.

2 comments:

Rebekah@Red's Nest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
leslie Weehunt said...

I love what you do and I will be praying for each one. What a gift you are!