Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Eventful

To say that the last few weeks has been eventful, is the understatement of the century. There is an old saying, "When it rains, it pours." How true it is. How true it is. I will not begin to regurgitate the trials and tribulations that have been encountered over the last few weeks. Instead, I will tell you of His wonderful, glorious grace and power. For, my dear readers, when the trials rain down so does His provision and mercy. There is not a single battle or a solitary war that He is ill equipped to win. I have seen the Lord heal the wounded. One of our parents was given a 40% survival rate while undergoing an emergency operation to deliver her baby 6 weeks early. She was suffering from a pancreatic condition that was life threatening and could only be treated if she delivered her child. Her little girl was born weighing 4.4 lbs while being six weeks premature! God was preparing this child for early delivery in the womb! Both are home and smiling today (just two weeks later). Some may account this to the wonders of medical science. I attribute it to a God who can work even through a donkey, our God who is intimate with the inner workings of man, He who has the power to heal any ailment. I have seen the Lord restore what was lost. Something very dear to me escaped my grasp this week, but the Lord returned it in perfect condition. The Lord gives strength and wisdom when we have none. I beheld this first hand. While our parents were away, I was blessed with the daunting task of caring for eleven children. For almost eight years, this has been done daily in a classroom - but, to be a parent, a teacher, a nurse, and a playmate..... I commend every parent on the face of the planet who cares, protects, and loves their children as parents should. Your assignment is rigorous, but full of the sweet pleasures that only a caretaker can know. I have seen Him use His people to fight for those who cannot fight for themselves. Through His church I have witnessed His hands going forth to war for and provide a beautiful life for those who cannot care for themselves. That God chooses to move through us is indeed prodigious, staggering. The list goes on and on, but I want to take a moment to thank each individual who has been praying for me and for the work that God is doing in India. Intercessory prayer works. I know that my life has been spared, that my heart and body has been able to endure, that my mind can find peace, and that mountains have been moved because of your prayers. THANK YOU! Remember fellow warriors, everything you need - He is.

And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months.
James 5: 15-17

1 comment:

Peter Davidson said...

You have a very nice blog here. You may also appreciate the many testimonies of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ at http://wetestifyofchrist.blogspot.com. God bless!