Thursday, September 24, 2009

Life Ramblings...

So many analogies for this thing we live called life. Here are a few and some added thoughts.
Analogy #1 - "Life is like an onion. You peel off layer after layer and sometimes you weep." ~ Carl Sandburg
Mel's Commentary: This analogy implies that all of life stinks. I would argue to the contrary. Stinky moments? Sure, but the whole kit and caboodle. I think not. If you feel it does, then ask for a spirit of thankfulness. You'll look at life in a whole new way! (and...it will smell better.)
Analogy #2 - "Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up. " ~ Author Unknown
Mel's Commentary: A cynic wrote this. The lyrics of a song define it. If the lyrics to one's life are "messed up," it's because you wrote the lyrics yourself. I'm letting the Lord write the words to my song.
Analogy #3 - "Life is as tedious as a twice-told tale. Vexing the dull ear of a drowsy man." ~ William Shakespeare
Mel's Commentary: I can think of a great number of people who would absolutely agree with Shakespeare. Emphatically, I do not. If the story of your life is causing people to slumber, including yourself, you might consider consulting the Lord on how He intends for you to live. I have never found the answer to be boring, dull, and/or tedious. The Lord causes us to dream, and see those dreams come to pass. He is the ultimate visionary, and He likes to share His vision with us if we are willing.
Analogy #4 - "Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth." ~ Martin H. Fischer
Mel's Commentary: At first glance one might approve of this statement. My initial response is that this is NOT the greatest show, but then again it does state "on earth" so I won't put up too much fuss. The greatest show will take place in the heavens. Of that I'm certain. My second thought is, why is this person sitting in a folding chair watching life? I'm in the production and Jesus has the lead role.
Analogy #5 - "I think life is like a painting by numbers." ~ anonymous
Mel's Commentary: Those who know me VERY well know that I do in fact apply my paint brush to a numbered canvas from time to time. I actually feel much better that the secret is out. Why is it a secret? Because...they are lame! Any true artist would say they stifle creativity. There is no creative process, no risk involved. Then why do I like them? I know what the finished process is intended to resemble. This is not how one should live their life. Sure, I have hopes and dreams concerning my life, but I have no idea how the end result will look! I only know it will be better than I could have possibly imagined. He is The Way, The Truth, and the Life. In other words, He has all the numbers and knows best how to fill them. Let us take comfort in that!

No comments: